Promo Banner Slider Manual
1. Extract magenmagic_platform.zip to root folder of your Magento.
2. Extract magenmagic_PromoBannerSlider.zip to root folder of you Magento.
3. Clean your var/cash folder.
*in case system asks you, if you would like to replace file, answer Yes.
Creating galleries for your sliders and banners.
1. Go to CMS > Home Banners > Manage Items menu and click to Add Category
2. Choose name of the Gallery (note: each gallery can be used for one banner or slider only) and Save item
3. After that you will see the list of Galleries, click Edit to add images.
4. Choose Images section at menu on the left, and Upload images (you can use multiupload)
5. When images uploaded, add links to them (enter full URL and click to Save Images Links) and add images to current Gallery by marking needed checkboxes and clicking to Save Current to this gallery
* you can use the same images for any other gallery
Now your banner or slider gallery is ready, and you can proceed to adding it to needed pages.
Adding to CMS Pages
1. Go to CMS Page you would like to insert Banner or Slider (Home page, about us, etc.).
2. Go to Content Item on the left menu of chosen page and choose place, where you would like to add Banner or Slider (you can choose it at editor, or directly in the code) and click to Insert Widget Icon.
3. Find Promo Banner Slider widget and choose all needed options (Gallery, Speed, Animation, Direction, etc.)
4. Insert Widget, save page and check results.
Adding to any other page of your template (Categories, product page, etc).
1. Go to Static Blocks and create your banner block as a widget (remember your identifier, as it should be used in the code)
2. Go to MagenMagic Extensions section at System > Configuration and at Promo Banner Slider copy the code<block type="cms/block" name="BannerSlider"> <action method="setBlockId" ><block_id>Identifier</block_id></action> </block>
*Change Identifier for the one you have entered when creating new static block.
3. Open any file of your template and insert your code.