- loss of clients as the products there aren't real;
- missed orders as they are placed on dev but not on the live version of the online store;
- indexing of dev version of the store.
- Source http host. Set there URLs that shouldn't be open.
- Target http host. Set there redirects.
- URL param to Login. Set there which URLs you want to be opened without redirects.
- redirect from any website (dev site, https, etc);
- redirect to the same page;
- choice of URL's parameter;
- accessible admin area.
- free skype manual;
- free support;
- free installation.
Live Url Redirect extension for Magento creates redirect from URLs of your development environment to the same page of the live version of the site. However, you're still able to log in to the admin area or open URLs. You need just to set which URLs you don't need redirects. If a user enters this URL, cookies record the session, and this user can visit the dev site (open other pages without redirects).
Why Do You Need Live URL Extension?
It's not good when clients can open the development environment of the store as they can search for products there, place orders, write to managers via the online form, etc. All these things can lead to:
After the installation go to System > Configuration > Live Url Redirect (or Host Restrictions).
There you will see 3 fields:
Live Url Redirect Extension Features
Help and Support
Do you think our Live Url Redirect extension for Magento needs improvements? Feel free to email us any of your suggestions to [email protected]